Routing all outgoing mails via the outgoing smarthost:
- In the Exchange System Manager, expand the Administrative Groups container.
- Expand the desired administrative group, and expand the Routing Groups container.
- Expand the routing group you need to work with, right-click the Connectors folder, and select New.
- Select SMTP Connector.
- On the General tab, enter a name to identify the connector.
- Select Forward All Mail Through This Connector To The Following Smart Hosts, and enter smtp.fido.net
- Default SMTP Server -> Properties -> Delivery Tab -> Outbound Connections -> TCP Port set to 587
Routing specific domain destinations via the outgoing smarthost:
For this to work, you should do the things mentioned under Routing all mails to a smarthost and continue:
- Under Local Bridgeheads, click Add, and select the SMTP server that will become the SMTP bridgehead for its routing group.
- On the Address Space tab, click Add, select SMTP, and click OK.
- In the E-Mail Domain box, add the name of the remote location's e-mail domain (e.g., example.com), and click OK.
- Click OK three times to exit the SMTP connector configuration.
- Restart the Microsoft Exchange Routing Engine service and the SMTP service.