This may also apply on future versions
Routing all outgoing mails via the outgoing smarthost:
A Send Connector must already have been created and configured correctly on the Hub Transport server.
- Open Exchange Management Console
- Click on the + next to Organization Configuration
- Select Hub Transport and
- select the Send Connectors tab:
- Right-click on the existing Send Connector, select Properties and go to the Network tab.
- Select "Route mail through the following smart hosts:" and click Add.
- Enter smtp.fido.net (you need to use port 587)
- If you have more then one Smarthost, repeat the previous two steps.
The changes you've made to the Send Connector will take effect straight away without you having to reboot the server or restart any services.
In order to change the port to 587 you will have to issue the following command in the Exchange Powershell Console:
Set-SendConnector -identity "NAME OF CONNECTOR" -Port:587