Re-establishing the automated provisioning process (ZTP re-enablement)
Should the device fail to successfully complete its automated provisioning process or the automatic provisioning process is interrupted, the device can be manually reset so that it recontacts ztp.polycom.com by selecting Menu > Settings > Advanced > Administration Settings > Network Settings > Device Reset and saving the configuration.
This process will remove any device configuration settings obtained from ztp.polycom.com or were manually configured, will re-enable "ZTP" in the devices server menu (the factory default setting) and default the device to its factory UCS software setting. Once defaulted, the device will reboot and will subsequently recontact ztp.polycom.com to download its configuration profile after the device obtains its IP address via DHCP.
Resetting the device settings will reset the phone to its factory default network settings. As a result, the administrator password will be changed to its default of "456".
Although the automated provisioning process is designed as a one-off process, this process may be performed manually by the device at any time if the device needs to be automatically reconfigured again which can be achieved by performing the process as detailed above.
If the network environment is as specified then the device’s provisioning process is totally automatic. However, should you experience an issue with a device or a number of devices that you are unable to resolve please contact our Technical Support Team on 0203 519 0000 or by raising a trouble ticket at https://help.fido.net/ and please stipulate:-
- Your contact details including your Fido Account Number (Mandatory)
- The shipped Polycom SIP/UC software version. This can be found from the phone's menu by selecting Menu > Status > Platform > Application > Main (Mandatory)
- The MAC address of the Polycom device/s that has failed to configure correctly. This can be found either on the box or underneath the device.(The MAC Address is also the Serial Number of the device) (Mandatory)
- The provisioning "profile" name used to automatically configure the device (If known)
To check and make sure ZTP is still enabled on the device
- Press the Menu Button
- Go DOWN to Settings and Hit the checkmark Button
- Go DOWN to Advanced and Hit the checkmark Button
- Enter the password that was given to you on the keypad, then press the soft button marked enter.
- Select the Admin Settings Submenu
- Select Network Config
- Select the ... below Provisioning Server and hit the Check button
- Go down to ZTP and if it says disabled, hit the check button to get to the menu to enable it.
- Use the down arrow and the check button to enable ztp
- Use the left button to back out of the provisioning submenu
- Use the left button to back out of the network submenu
- Select YES to save your changes.
- Unplug your phone and plug it back in to reboot and make it download its config files